Are you caring for your loved one at home?
Are you suffering in silence?
'Impressions of Caring' reproduced by kind permission of Irene Wackett (1921-2013)
If you answer 'yes' to any of the following questions we may be able to help you:
- Are you feeling stressed about your loved one's welfare?
- Would you like to talk to someone who, like yourself, is or has been an unpaid carer?
- Are you reluctant to speak to 'the professionals' about your loved one's care for fear of backlash?
- Would you like our help in getting your voice heard?
If you answer 'no' to any of the following questions we may be able to help you:
- Do you have the support you would like from family and/or friends?
- Have you had a Carers Assessment? These should be offered routinely to carers.
- Are you sure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to? Some unpaid carers are eligible to an Attendance Allowance themselves without realising it.
- Are you certain you have all the disability aids to help you care for your loved one?
We endeavour to help you to find swift, common-sense solutions to your problems.
We are a completely independent organisation so you can speak openly to us in confidence.
We do our utmost to protect your interests and those of your loved one.
Advocare can usually open fresh channels of communication to remove some of the barriers you may be encountering.
If necessary we can make representations to the appropriate authorities on your behalf.
For more details please contact Cathey on (01202) 737592.