The new complaints system
England's new official complaints system is now in operation. The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) ceased on 31 March 2013. With effect from 1 April 2013 the commissioning of NHS complaints advocacy services was transferred to individual local authorities.
When reporting problems or making a formal complaint it is important to keep a log of who you contact and when. It is also important to keep a written record of how the organisation processes your problem or complaint. If you run into problems call Advocare on 01202 737592.
As more information comes to hand we will update this page. The contact details we have to date are as follows:
- For issues relating to primary health care (pre-referral, GPs, prescriptions, etc.) contact NHS England Tel: 0300 3112233 or E-mail: England.email@example.com
- For issues relating to secondary health care (post-referral including hospitals) contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). The Dorset CCG's telephone No. is: 01202 541400.
- For questions and comments there is a Patient Opinion section in the NHS Choices website which may be accessed at www.nhs.uk.
- For information in relation to all health and social care problems including the Care Quality Commission which inspects care homes contact Healthwatch on Tel: 0300 068 3000.
- The Healthwatch website is www.healthwatch.co.uk.
The postal address for Healthwatch Dorset is: Freepost, BH19 02, 896 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH7 6BR.
Our understanding is that Help and Care in Pokesdown, Bournemouth, have been contracted by the local authority to set up Healthwatch Dorset. It is anticipated Healthwatch Dorset will be run as a limited company by Help and Care in partnership with the Citizens Advice Bureau and the Dorset Race Equality Commission.
Dorset Advocacy has been awarded the contract to deliver independent complaints advocacy in Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset. Leaflets to promote this new service are currently being prepared for distribution to appropriate venues. For more information in the meantime contact Mike Pochin at Mike@dorsetadvocacy.co.uk.
Dissatisfied with the new system for reporting problems and complaints? Call Advocare on (01202) 737592
Our free Caring for Carers service is run by carers for carers and current and former unpaid carers.
- We will listen to you and work with you;
- You can trust us and speak openly to us about your needs and concerns;
- We will support you in a crisis;
- If you wish we can speak for you.
Formed in 1998 and based in Poole, Advocare was registered in 2005 as a not for profit company limited by guarantee. Advocare - Caring for Carers acquired full charitable status in 2008. We rely solely on donations. Financial independence is our strength for herein lies our integrity.
We value unpaid carers as individuals, respect their views and 'root' for those who feel subjugated by the health, mental health and social care system. We work hard to raise the profile on the needs and concerns of unpaid carers.
We strive to reach unpaid carers before they reach crisis point with Assert our unique carer-centred empowerment programme.