Improving the carer's 'lot'
As far as we are aware, Advocare - Caring for Carers is the only charity of its kind in the country that is:
- Financially independent;
- Dedicated to supporting current and former unpaid carers of frail, sick or disabled people;
- Committed to bringing about a sea-change in the culture of care.
We are striving to improve the unpaid carer's 'lot' and bring about a sea-change in the culture of care by:
- Enhancing the status of unpaid carers;
- Elevating the role of sole advocates of vulnerable people;
- Enabling carers to speak openly about their needs and concerns;
- Empowering carers to deal with statutory bodies more effectively;
- Extending and developing our Poole-based Caring for Carers service nationwide.
For details about our projects please call Cathey on (01202) 737592.